I know. We’re halfway thru the year. But let’s choose to refocus on the positive. With June being here; we can consider this a starting point to our summer18. And we all know how you finish something; is based largely on how well you start. So despite the fact that there is no new Beyonce to soundtrack summer18 (ala Lemonade in Summer16); don’t let that distract you from living your best life this summer. Here are 10 things to do to propel you into a bomb summer 18.
1. Set Your Alarm Clock For Earlier: Dont kill the messenger. Just think about it; waking up a bit earlier to hear the birds chirping, feel the cool breeze against your skin, and just taking a moment to breath and appreciate the beautiful weather before your day is started. It can be a start to a perfect day; which adds up to a perfect summer.
2. Get SunKissed: Don’t delay that summer tan and glow for when you go on vacay. Grab some sun and get that beautiful sun glow now. It’ll give you all the feels for the summer; and put you in the mood to have optimal funners.
3. Water goes UP: Yup drink more water. This is a no brainer. It’s hotter, our bodies need more fluid. But not only our bodies..also our skin..our nails..our hair. All of that thrives on good water intake.
4. Ditch The Gym Membership: Take your workout talents to the outdoors. No need for a unnecessary gym bill. Go running…hiking…climbing…whatever!
5. Go Earthing: After a cold winter; this is a great time to reconnect with nature and the earth. Take off your sandals and dig your feet into a field of grass. Earthing is a practice said to keep us grounded and connected to earth. Also; some claim it can heal some medical ailments.
6. Remove All Unwelcomed Body Hair: Time to clean up and remove all the hairy situations that we don’t plan on carrying with us through the summer. While some may feel keeping things hairy is okay..just consider the fact that hair equals, sweat, and sweat equals body oder. We’re better than that.
7. Take In The Tunes: Summer is all about a music festival. This is a great time to scheme on all the music festivals you plan to attend this summer. Make a list and start saving those coins.
8. Go Outside: Not necessarily to exercise like I mentioned earlier, but to enjoy the sun and sunlight. Don’t let a day pass by without feeling the sun on your skin.
9. Get BBQ Ready: Learn a new drink recipe or a new yummy recipe in general that will kill at the BBQs you’ll be attending this summer.
10. Plan and Execute Your Fashion Moves: Last but certainly not least, is my fave thing to do, plan your fashion moments for this summmer. Have a few casual; semi casual and dressy outfits planned and ready to go.